THE BALVENIE DOUBLEWOOD 12
For the whisky connoisseur who revels in the multiple layers of spirit that unravel with each sip, The Balvenie DoubleWood 12 is an ideal match. All it takes is garnishing a dram of spirit with a delicately prepared slice of dehydrated orange that complements The Balvenie. Expect to discover folds of nutty sweetness, cinnamon spiciness and a delicately proportioned layer of sherry that jumps out with every sip.
The Balvenie DoubleWood 12
A slice of dehydrated orange
1. Allow the orange to rehydrate in the whisky.
2. Enjoy the drink neat or on the rocks.
HENDRICK’S CRANBERRY FIZZ
For simple and intimate family gatherings, Hendrick’s Cranberry Fizz is a delightful concoction of cranberry, bubbles and gin. Light, refreshing, tart and absolutely delectable, it is perfect for kickstarting the series of parties that come with the season.
1 part (50ml) Hendrick’s Gin
2 parts (100ml) cranberry juice
1 part (50ml) sparkling wine or soda water 2 thinly sliced rounds of cucumber
1 sprig of mint
1. Combine all ingredients in a highball glass filled with cubes of ice.
2. Lightly stir and garnish with cucumber rounds, cranberries and mint.
For those who are looking to add a little spice to your otherwise tame gatherings this season, the Ginger Monkey is an invigorating mix of Monkey Shoulder, ginger ale and orange wedges—quite the crowd-pleaser. If you’re planning a Christmas potluck with friends, or a rather unforgettable countdown party, this’ll be your pick.
50ml Monkey Shoulder
120ml dry ginger ale
1 orange wedge
1. Pour Monkey Shoulder and dry ginger ale into a long glass filled with ice.
2. Gently stir and garnish with the orange wedge.
GLENFIDDICH'S “GLEN FIZZY”
Whether for a casual brunch or dinner soiree,Glenfiddich’s Glen Fizzy is a delightful and refreshing drink for anytime of the day. Apple and lime bring out the distinct fruity flavours of the classic whisky, making it a welcome favourite during the festivities.
45ml Glenfiddich 12 Year Old
60ml Cloudy apple juice
15ml Fresh lime juice
1. Top up with 50ml of light tonic water.
2. Build in a glass with ice and garnish with an apple slice.
This story was first published in the December 2022/January 2023 issue of Esquire Singapore.