When it comes to sneakers, there's hardly a lack of option to choose from. Who could've imagined that a footwear that was first invented for sports all the way back in the late 19th century, would one day become such an integral part of our style vocabulary? We've all got one, in one form or another. And if you don't, it's time to get in on it.
White sneakers, specifically, are a must. They're a classic pair that can instantly spruce up or ground a look—they're that versatile. Smarten up a simple tee-and-shorts combo with a pair of sleek white sneaks for a spiffier casual look that takes little to no effort at all. Make a suited-up look (tie included or not) less stuffy by wearing a pair of white sneakers, like what style savant Timothée Chalamet did on a red carpet a couple of years back.
Like all things minimal and super clean, they're a boon to have no matter which end of the spectrum your personal style sits in. White sneakers complement the incredibly cutting and razor sharp minimalistic Jil Sander-types by keeping everything monochromatic and structured. And on a heavy dose of prints and colours, slapping on a pair helps to lessen the visual intensity.
Sure, they'll eventually get scuffed and dirty with repeated wear. But that's the beauty of owning one. Just like your favourite leather bag that adopts a patina over time, or raw denims that whisker, it's all about that unique character that's gained. Or at the very least, you can always get them professionally cleaned.
Take a gander at our edit of some of the best white sneakers that have been released in 2020 so far in the gallery above. It's time to make one your style investment or perhaps a refresh of a battered and well-used pair.
1. Leather with suede-trims sneakers, by Veja (approximately SGD185)
2. Nylon and suede Arthur sneakers, by Burberry (SGD1,220)
3. Leather sneakers with face-logo, by Acne Studios (approximately SGD515)
4. Canvas high-top sneakers, by Converse (approximately SGD109)
5. Canvas low-top sneakers, by Mihara Yasuhiro (approximately SGD635)
6. Leather sneakers with recycled rubber soles, by Christian Kimber (approximately SGD380)
7. Worn-look canvas and leather sneakers, by Saint Laurent (SGD900)
8. Leather Velcro sneakers, by AMI (approximately SGD660)
9. Leather Stan Smith Human Made sneakers, by adidas (SGD220)
10. Canvas sneakers, by COS (approximately SGD121)
11. Leather sneakers, by CELINE (SGD870)
12. Canvas sneakers, by AGE x Band Of Outsiders (approximately SGD121)
13. Leather platform sneakers, by Jil Sander (approximately SGD870)
14. Leather sneakers, by Common Projects (approximately SGD587)
15. Leather sneakers, by Fendi (approximately SGD1,295)
16. Neoprene and rubber Track.2 sneakers, by Balenciaga (SGD1,330)
17. Leather low-top sneakers, by OAMC x adidas Originals (approximately SGD324)
18. Leather Prada Superstar sneakers, by Prada for adidas (SGD700)