Finding innovation within an industry so steeped in tradition, heritage and culture is by no means an easy feat. Yet one Speyside distillery has found a way to culminate not only a deep respect for the craft of whisky making itself, but also brings together an extraordinary team of experts who have poured in their vast experience, heart and dedication to craft this innovative collection.
Welcome to The Glenrothes, where you need to look beyond, to see what’s really behind the dram.
The Cask, Unlocked
So, what is it that makes this whisky unique? Aside from being Complex, full and beautifully balanced, every dram of The Glenrothes is a statement of the whisky maker's craft. An artform, the brand makes an unwavering commitment to the best raw materials, patient distillation and the highest quality casks. But perhaps what makes The Glenrothes most distinctive, is its four foundations of whisky-creation.
- Water: The Glenrothes is one of the few distilleries to have its own source of water for production, with a natural river connecting on the estate itself. This makes water a critical component to each bottle.
- Distillation: you won’t find The Glenrothes being made in a hurry anytime soon, as each new spirit is nurtured with time and care. The slow distillation process results in a lighter, fruiter taste and a more delicately flavoured spirit, every time.
- Sherry-seasoned Cask: as one of the last distilleries in Scotland to maintain their own in-house cooperage, the majority of The Glenrothes is matured in a sherry-seasoned oak cask, resulting in a flavour profile carefully balanced between European and American Oak.
- Natural Colour: The Glenrothes can go from cask to glass with the colour intact, a restatement to the expertise that goes into crafting each pour. The transparency is never an afterthought, but always a part of the experience.
The Glenrothes Experience
Much like their foundations, The Glenrothes experience can be best tasted and enjoyed through four key flavours:
- Let’s start off the Soleo journey with The Glenrothes 12-Year-Old. On the nose providing notes of vanilla, lemon and earthy cinnamon: while on the palate providing hints of creamy hazelnut, dried fruits, leather and honeyed oak. The finish gifts a long and sweet statement – a perfect introduction to the collection in the House’s classic style.
- Next – The Whisky Maker’s Cut. Inspired by the hands of the Master Whisky Maker at the preferred strength of 48.8% – this complex edition: crafted using 100% first fill sherry-seasoned casks bring notes of vanilla, orange peel and nutmeg taste through its strength.
- Then – the experience continues with The Glenrothes 18-Year-Old. This is a highly complex yet well-rounded expression with notes of fresh vanilla, candied pear and ginger. This unique edition stood out with the notes embedded from the sherry seasoned oak casks that The Glenrothes prides itself on.
- Last but by no means least – The Glenrothes 25-Year-Old. With stewed plum, apples & oak furniture on the nose – to rounded notes of berry and mulled wine on the pallet. To finish – think dates, leather and hints of mango.
Esquire X Glenrothes – The Event
To provide an exclusive tasting experience – The Glenrothes teamed up with Esquire and tailor-store and speakeasy cocktail bar Taylor Adam, in the heart of the CBD for an event where guests enjoyed an experiential journey through this vibrant collection of the three single malt whiskies currently available in Singapore. From the light and subtle 12-year-old – to the richer, more intense 18-year-old – each expression showcased a fulfilling multi-dimensional flavour experience in a setting that just couldn’t have got any more dapper. Each cocktail was crafted bespoke, for the event itself, truly allowing attendees to garner an authentic Esquire and The Glenrothes experience.
Hosted by Esquire Singapore’s Editor-in-Chief Rahat Kapur, the night included conversations on re-discovering authenticity for men, overcoming challenges and tapping into ways to live a more purposeful, joyful life. Alongside chatter amongst delicious cocktails, Rahat also hosted a guest panel discussion with Gavin Sim, CEO and Founder of Inbox Consults and Jong Kai Jie Tylor, co-founder of TreeDots on how they built a career true to themselves and their passions.
The evening was a true success and a nod to the finesse, polish and expertise carefully crafted by experts with passion at The Glenrothes, celebrating following age-old traditions with modern thinking, for the man at his best.